About this Course
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) v2.0 is a five-day, instructor-led training course that teaches learners how to install, operate, configure, and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network, including configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, connecting to a WAN, and identifying basic security threats.
This course can be followed by the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2 (ICND2) v2.0 course, which covers topics in more depth and teaches learners how to perform basic troubleshooting steps in enterprise branch office networks, preparing learners for Cisco CCNA certification.
Target candidates: Individuals seeking the Cisco CCENT certification, or Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification. The course is also appropriate for support technicians involved in the basic installation, operation, and verification of LAN networks.
Key job tasks
- Configure: Implement the identified solution by applying the planned implementation processes using Cisco IOS commands and applications in the correct order to the selected devices and portions of the network.
- Verify: Use the appropriate show commands and applications to ensure that the solution was correctly implemented and is performing as desired.
- Job roles: Entry-level network engineer, network administrator, network support technician, and help desk technician
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to...
- Describe network fundamentals and build simple LANs
- Establish Internet connectivity
- Manage network device security
- Expand small- to medium-sized networks with WAN connectivity
- Describe IPv6 basics
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills Basic IP address knowledge