Developing Workflow Applications with Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite (JB427)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
Through hands-on labs, the student will learn the architecture and features of Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite, basic and advanced business process modeling (BPMN 2.0), and integration of workflow into Java™ SE and Java EE applications. In addition to creating workflow applications, the student will learn how to unit test and debug those applications using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio. Students will learn how to deploy a business process and monitor its runtime state.
Java developers and architects who need to learn how to implement applications that use business process modeling, specifically with Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6.
During this course, students will learn about:
- Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6 architecture and features
- Basic and advanced business process modeling
- Integrating workflow into applications
- Testing and debugging BPM applications
- Monitoring BPMS processes
- Process simulation
- Firm understanding of Java, including Java development tools (i.e. Maven and Eclipse via Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio).
- Familiarity with general workflow concepts. Business process management (BPM) experience is not required.
- Familiarity with Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6 is helpful but not required.
1. Introduction to the Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite
- Review the architecture and major components of the Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite.
- Install BPMS, JBoss Developer Studio, BPMS and BRMS tooling, and a first application.
2. Basic business process modeling
- Create business process models using the tooling in JBDS.
3. BPMS application integration and deployment
- Create an application that uses a business process.
- Deploy the application to the BPMS server.
4. Test and debug BPMS applications
- Create a unit test for a BPMS application.
- Debug the application in JBoss Developer Studio.
5. Advanced business process modeling
- Create more complex business processes.
6. Monitor BPMS
- Use the dashboard builder to monitor and control processes.
7. Process simulation
- Use the simulation engine extension to simulate a business process.