Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices Part 1 and Part 2 v1.0 (VIVND)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
This course is a new 5-day ILT class designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement various Cisco Video endpoints in converged Cisco video infrastructures. Cisco business video solutions has four major Cisco Medianet application components: - Unified Communication and Collaboration - TelePresence - Digital Media Suite (DMS) - Video Surveillance. Part 1 is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge to describe characteristics of video solutions and assess the requirements for a successful implementation of a video solution. And describes the characteristics of a video solution and enables students to evaluate the general requirements for video deployments such as coding options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components and their interactions, and requisites to the environment. Part 2 describes Cisco business video solutions and enables students to implement and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration, TelePresence and Digital Media Player in different Cisco business video solution architectures.
- Channel Partners
- End Users
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the components and architectures of Cisco business video solutions.
- Implement Cisco Unified Communications and Cisco Collaboration video endpoints.
- Implement Cisco TelePresence video endpoints.
- Implement multipoint conferencing on Cisco video endpoints.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- It is recommended that the learner has foundational IP networking knowledge such as included with a CCENT or CCNA certification. This e-Learning assumes familiarity with the concepts included in the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) and basics from the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2) training.
Module 1: Video Conferencing and Streaming Fundamentals
- Introduction to Video and Video Applications
- Video Technology Basics
- Video Protocols and Media
- Functional Components of Video Infrastructures
- Network Requirements of Video Solutions
- Cisco Video Solution Architecture Overview
Module 2: Cisco TelePresence Endpoint Environmental Requirements and Installation
- Environmental Requirements for Video Installations
- Installing Cisco TelePresence Endpoints and Profile Systems
Module 3: Cisco Business Video Solutions
- Describing Cisco Video Collaboration.
- Describing Cisco Video and Content Delivery
- Describing Cisco Video Surveillance
- Discovering Central Video-Endpoint Control Elements
Module 4: Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration Video Endpoints
- Describing Characteristics and Installation
- Configuring Cisco Unified Communications and Cisco Collaboration Video Endpoints
- Operating and Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Video Endpoints
Module 5: Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
- Describing Cisco TelePresence Endpoint Characteristics and Installation
- Configuring and Implementing Cisco TelePresence CTS Software-Based Endpoints
- Configuring Cisco TelePresence TC and TE Software-Based Endpoints
- Operating and Troubleshooting Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
Module 6: Multipoint Conferencing
- Describing Cisco Multipoint Conferencing
- Configuring and Monitoring Cisco Multipoint Conferencing