Cisco CVP Developer Training (CVPD)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
CVPD is part of the Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) with CVP suite of Contact Centre training classes.
CVPD teaches each student to use all the features of Call Studio to build self-service IVR applications and to run and maintain them on the CVP VXML Server, and to interface with UCCE/ICM scripts.
Each student is provided his/her own development system in a CVP 11 environment that includes the Cisco VoiceXML gateway, Call Studio and VXML Server, Cisco UCCE/ICM, Cisco UCM and IP Communicator, Finesse agent desktop, SQL Database and Web Services, and Nuance speech server.
Students have ample practice writing applications, troubleshooting through log files analysis, and using administrative scripts and OAMP for graceful updates and suspensions of applications.
CVPD is intended for Cisco customers, partners, employees involved in UCCE/CVP deployments or CVP Stand-alone deployments. This class is for application developers, programmers, sales and pre-sales, technical support, and project managers who want to learn to use the capabilities of CVP, Call Studio, and VXML Server.
Module 1: Overview
- Overview of the CVP Comprehensive Architecture and Call Flow. An overview of ICM Scripts to route calls to CVP applications, including passing and receiving data, sending data to an agent for screen pop.
Module 2: Writing Call Studio graphical applications which include:
- Prompt Callers - using pre-recorded audio; TTS text-to-speech; Say it Smart to format audio as digits, date, time, currency; input error reprompting
- Collect caller input as digits, currency, building custom input
- Working with variables - Session data, Element data, Call data, Local data (CVP11)
- Retrieving data from back end systems:
- SQL Database interaction - using the Studio Database element
- Web services interaction- Studio Web Services element
- REST services interaction (CVP11)
- Play audio to callers during back-end data retrieval
- Record messages to update outgoing prompts (Emergency message, Outage message, etc), FTP files to the Media Server(s), Manage gateway audio caching
- Sending Email from CVP - Call Studio Email element
- Modularize Complex Applications:
- Invoke external Studio applications as Subdialogs (subroutine)
- Call Subflows (subroutines within the same application) - CVP10.5
- Transfer control from one application to another via Application Transfer
- Understand VXML Root Document for setting properties
- Multi-Language applications using the Application Modifier element
- Speech recognition Call Studio applications -
- Work with inline, external, builtin grammars
- Configure global commands (Hotlinks) to allow callers to say â€˜start over’, â€˜go back’, â€˜agent’ at any time
- Enhanced event handling (CVP 10.5)
- Catch events at the element level, application level, subflow level
- Use the Alert element to alert SNMP or Syslog
- Use the Throw element to throw custom exceptions
- New LastException session variable containing error event information
- CVP 11 Topics:
- REST Client element
- Context Services
Module 3: Cisco Courtesy Callback
- Detailed discussion of the CCB Call flow, the ICM script, and the 5 Studio scripts used for Courtesy Callback.
Module 4: CVP Reporting Server:
- Best practices regarding naming elements and variables
- Configuring data to pass to the Reporting Server using OAMP
- Understanding Reporting Server tables
- Understanding the Application Summary CUIC reports
Module 5: Administration is covered throughout the course:
- Using the Studio Debugger to test applications within Studio
- Using Studio Documenter to print Visio-like diagrams of the application
- Configuring log file properties
- Using logs for debugging applications
- Administrative scripts for graceful updates or suspensions of the server
- Important log, debug, administration files
- Directories in which associated Java class files must reside to extend Studio
- Managing Cisco Audio Caching