IBM Datacap 8.1: Advanced Configuration and Administration (F1870)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
This course is for System Administrators and Support Technicians to perform configuration tasks, administrative tasks, maintenance, and performance monitoring on an IBM Datacap Capture system.
You work initially with an IBM Datacap Taskmaster system on Windows 7 configured in the all-in-one configuration. This is with all Datacap software installed on one system. You then reconfigure to a two machine installation by including a Server 2008 DNS server with Active Directory and some of the Datacap server components.
This intermediate course is for anyone who needs to administer IBM Datacap Taskmaster systems or support Datacap users.
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to configure and administer a multi-machine IBM Datacap Taskmaster Capture system.
- know IBM Datacap Taskmaster system components and functionality.
- be familiar with relational databases Familiarity with Windows security.
1. System configuration
- Maintain users and groups, and configure security
- Add Users, Groups, and Stations
- Set privileges and permissions
- Authentication and Encryption
- TMA authentication (Taskmaster)
- ADSI authentication (Active Directory)
- LDAP authentication (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- ADLDS authentication (Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services)
- LLLDAP authentication (Low-Level Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- Multi-machine configuration considerations
- Firewall, FIPS security, and Security key
- Configure Taskmaster server
- Configure Taskmaster client
- Configure Taskmaster Web server
2. Component Configuration
- Configure Rulerunner (Background processing)
- Configure Taskmaster Web client upload service.
- Configure RV2 (Report generator)
- Configure NENU (System maintenance)
- Configure wTM (Web services Library)
3. Administration of production system
- Virtual stations and queuing of tasks
- Add shortcuts to the Start menu
- Add shortcuts to Web Client
- Disaster recovery
- Configure Microsoft SQL Server
- Configure IBM System Dashboard
- Manage daily production; troubleshoot problems/ issues/ aborts/ discrepancies.
- Monitoring system performance and production volume. (Optimize speed/ throughput).
- Meeting customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements.
- Daily/ weekly/ monthly/ quarterly/ year-end admin tasks
- Manage resources (disk space, high availability, databases, logs, etc.)
- Purge completed workflow.
- Switch scanners.
- Configure NENU (New Enhanced Notification Utility) to handle process exceptions.
- Event Logs
- Configure event log content
- View event logs
- Maintain event logs
- Log File Locations
5. Microsoft Application Event Logs