IBM i Security Concepts and Implementation (OL500)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
Learn how to plan for, implement, and manage security on the IBM i. Also, get an introduction to the features and functions of Management Central.
This is an intermediate course intended for IBM i system administrators, data processing managers and other individuals who implement and manage security on the IBM i. This course is not recommended for system operators.
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and implement the components of IBM i security, such as user profile, group profile, authorization list, adopted authority and object / resource security
- Develop a security plan for your IBM i
- Describe the options to implement security auditing
- Develop a plan to audit security on your IBM i
You should complete System Operator Workshop for IBM i (AS240) and have responsibility for implementing the security features available for your Power Systems with IBM i.
- Class administration and introductions
- IBM i overview and concepts
- Management central overview
- Security concepts and overview
- System values
- User security
- Resource security
- Security auditing
- Designing security