Microsoft Office 365: Web Apps and Collaboration for Office (91116)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
This course is an introduction to the Microsoft® Office 365™: Web Apps and Collaboration for Office 2013 in a cloud-based environment. Using Office 365, users can easily communicate with each other through Microsoft® Outlook® mail and Lync® instant messaging and online meetings. Additionally, the Microsoft® SharePoint® Team Site provides a central location for accessing and modifying shared documents. The Office Web Apps enable users to perform basic tasks, such as opening, editing, printing, and saving documents without requiring an installation of the full desktop version of Microsoft® Office 2013 on the local computer.
This course is intended for power users, business intelligence developers and IT professionals that will be involved with the design, development and maintenance of SharePoint 2013 business intelligence solutions.
At Course Completion
In this course, you will be able to use your knowledge of the Office 2010 or 2013 desktop application suite to work productively in the cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 environment. You will be able to:
- Sign in to and navigate in the Office 365 environment.
- Create, edit, and share documents with team members using Office Web Apps and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Use email and manage contacts with the Outlook Web App.
- Use instant messaging and online meetings with Microsoft Lync.
- Set up your mobile devices to work with Office 365.
Lesson 1: Getting Started
- Topic A: Sign In to Office 365
- Topic B: Explore the Office 365 Environment
- Topic C: Connect Desktop Apps to Office 365
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Shared Files
- Topic A: Work with Shared Documents on the Team Site
- Topic B: Edit Documents in Web Apps and Office 2013 Apps
- Topic C: Collaborate on the SharePoint Team Site
- Topic D: Work with My Site
Lesson 3: Using the Outlook Web App
- Topic A: Use Email in the Outlook Web App
- Topic B: Manage Contacts
- Topic C: Use the Calendar
- Topic D: Personalize Your Outlook Web App
Lesson 4: Communicating with Microsoft Lync
- Topic A: Use Instant Messaging
- Topic B: Make Phone Calls with Lync
- Topic C: Participate in Lync Meetings
Lesson 5: Interacting with Mobile Devices
- Topic A: Use Office 365 on Your Windows 8 Tablet
- Topic B: Access Office 365 Email with Your Smartphone
- Topic C: Access Office 365 Documents from a Mobile Device