MVS/JCL, TSO/ISPF & MVS Utilities (MF1010)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
Teaches the fundamentals of TSO/ISPF, MVS JCL and MVS Utilities for use by IBM Mainframe personnel.
This course is directed toward application developers in a technical support role in a z/OS environment.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Logon/Logoff a TSO/ISPF session
- Use Browse, Edit, Utilities, IOF or SDSF
- Allocate sequential and partitioned data sets
- Use the Edit (Option 2) primary and line commands
- Use the KEYS function to tailor session PFKeys
- Learn methods of copying and moving data members and data sets within ISPF
- Learn Data and data set types, basic syntax of the JOB, EXEC and DD statements, debug basic JCL errors using either IOF or SDSF, allocate permanent and temporary data sets, conditionally execute JOB steps, write instream procedures, catalog procedures, pass parameters to programs via JCL, code JCL to pass data generated to subsequent step(s).
- Code JCL to execute SORT, IDCAMS, and create a Generation Data Group (GDG).
- Write JCL to Compile and Linkedit a COBOL batch program.
Students should have basic key-boarding skills.
Part I - MVS/TSO/ISPF
- An Introduction to ISPF
- How to Browse a Data Set
- How to Edit a Data Set
- How to Perform Utility Functions
Part II – MVS JCL & Utilities
- Introduction to JCL and z/OS
- JCL Within a Job
- JCL Statement Formats and Rules
- The JOB Statement
- The EXEC Statement
- The DD Statement
- More on the DD Statement
- DD Statements for Input Stream and Print Data Sets
- Direct-Access Storage Devices
- Cataloged and Instream Procedures
- Generation Data Groups
- Miscellaneous JCL Features
- The Linkage Editor and Loader
- IBM Utility Programs