Managing Unified Access Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure v1.0 (WMUAPI)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
Cisco Prime Infrastructure is part of a Unified Access solution that converges traditional wired and wireless networks into a single network management tool. Managing Unified Access Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure (WMUAPI) v1.0 is a 3 day instructor led course that provides learners with the knowledge and skills to deploy, manage, and maintain a Cisco Prime Infrastructure solution.
The goal of WMUAPI v1.0 is to provide network engineers, network administrators, and network managers the knowledge to manage the Unified Access infrastructure using Cisco Prime Infrastructure. WMUAPI v1.0 has a network management perspective and addresses the common tasks and goals as required by personnel working within an enterprise. The course and lab follow the story of a customer scenario (Case Study) showing how the customer will use Cisco Prime Infrastructure to create and deploy configurations, monitor, and troubleshoot their Unified Access network devices. WMUAPI v1.0 also includes lesson assessments (self-checks) to ensure the correct depth of knowledge has been achieved.
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Channel Partner / Reseller
At Course Completion
By the end of this course, you will achieve the following objectives:
- Describe the architecture, licensing, migration capabilities, assurance, compliance features, and setup of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0.
- Identify the pre-deployment and design tasks in the design lifecycle phase.
- Describe how to deploy device configurations with Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Examine the different available templates and their capabilities and how to create configurations and deploy them using these templates.
- Describe roles of operations workforce and applicable features of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Perform device discovery and configuration tasks.
- Explore the monitoring and management capabilities of Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Create monitoring templates, and perform health and performance monitoring.
- Use Prime Infrastructure to troubleshoot and perform problem isolation
- Create and customize a wide range of reports using Prime Infrastructure 2.0
To fully benefit from this course, it is recommended that you have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Attendance of the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 Essentials ELT training is a recommended.
- CCNA-Wireless and CCNA-Route / Switch level of knowledge would be of advantage.
- Knowledge of network management and network management terminology.
- Knowledge of wireless networks and wireless networking terminology
- Previous training in or experience with CiscoWorks and / or Network Control System (NCS) or Wireless Control System (WCS) would be advantageous (CUWN and WMNGI courses)
Module 1: Overview of Managing Unified Access with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Overview
- Key Features and Licensing
- Lifecycles Mapped to Organizational Roles
- Device Integration and Management
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Setup
- Technical Requirements
- Deployment Options
- VMware Deployment Steps Using OVA
- Troubleshooting Install
- Auto Deploy
- Initial System Administration Tasks in Administer Lifecycle
- License Management
- User Management
- Interface Overview and Management
- System Operations
Module 2: Design Lifecycle Features and Functions
- Operational Roles and Features in Design Phase
- Design and Pre-deployment Engineer and Tasks
- Design Lifecycle Features
- Creating Sites and Maps
- Create Sites
- Endpoint Association
- Create Maps
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Templates
- Day Zero Configuration and Guided Workflows
- Default Templates
- CLI Templates
- Wireless Templates
- Using Composite Templates
- Creating Sites
- Plug and Play device deployment
- Creating Sites
- Setup Virtual Domains
- Creating Maps
- Creating Maps
- Using the Mapping Features
Module 3: Deploy Lifecycle Features and Functions
- Operational Roles and Features in Deployment Phase
- Deployment Engineer and Tasks
- Deploy Lifecycle Features
- Deploying Device Configurations
- Create Deployment Tasks
- Schedule a Deployment
- Using the Automated Deployment Profiles
Module 4: Operate Lifecycle Features and Functions
- Operational Roles and Features in Operation Phase
- Operations Workforce and Tasks
- Operate Lifecycle Features
- Discovery and Management Functionalities for Network Engineers and Administrators
- Device Work Center Network Assurance
- Monitoring and Management Functionalities for Network Operations Center
- Alarms and Events
- Context Aware for location
- Clean Air
- Troubleshooting and Problem Isolation Functionalities for Helpdesk and Support
- Clients and Users
- Operational Tasks
- Common Scenarios
Module 5: Report Lifecycle Features and Functions
- Operational Roles and Features in Reporting Phase
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Reports
- Who in the IT Workforce Needs Reports?
- Which Reports They Need?
- Reports Dashboard
- Scheduling Reports
- Compliance Reports