Managing Enterprise Security with Cisco Security Manager (SSECMGT v4.0)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
The Managing Enterprise Security with Cisco Security Manager (SSECMGT) v4.0 course is a five-day instructor-led course that is aimed at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills that are needed to configure and deploy Cisco Security Manager. The course also provides an overview of network security technologies, and includes case studies that are useful for deployment scenarios.
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network security engineers that are working in the enterprise sector.
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Present an overview of the Cisco Security Manager product, describe the main product features, and introduce the basic deployment tasks
- Manage configuration of Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco FWSM firewall devices, and explain firewall event management and device configuration correlation
- Describe the most commonly used VPN topologies and their deployment
- Examine the configuration of intrusion prevention mechanisms on the Cisco IOS platform, modules, and standalone appliances, as well as explain the Cisco IPS event and configuration correlation
- Explain how Cisco Security Manager works with Cisco IOS devices, including the new Cisco ISR G2 routers
- Describe the FlexConfig functionality of Cisco Security Manager, the workflow mode of operation, and administrative tasks and integration with Cisco Secure ACS
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Cisco CCNP Security certification:
- Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE)
- Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Features (FIREWALL)
- Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions (VPN)
- Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Understanding of networking and routing (on the CCNP level, but no certification is required).
- Understanding of different VPN technologies (such as DMVPN, GET VPN, and SSL VPN).
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.