About this Course
The Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCD) v5.0 course enables engineers to choose and design scalable, reliable, and intelligent data center unified computing and virtualization solutions, based on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) product portfolio as a centerpiece, integrated with contemporary virtualization solutions (for example, VMware vSphere, VMware View, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Citrix XenDesktop, Red Hat Kernel-Based Virtual Machine [KVM], and so on), operating systems (for example, Microsoft Windows and Linux), and applications (database, collaboration, and so on).
The course describes the data center unified computing and virtualization solutions based on the Cisco data center unified computing product portfolio, explains how to evaluate existing data center computing solutions and determine the requirements, and design Cisco data center unified computing solutions.
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Data center designers, data center administrators, and system engineers.
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Data center engineers and managers.
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Evaluate the data center solution design and design process in regards to contemporary data center challenges, data center solution architecture, and components
- Assess the requirements and performance characteristics of the data center computing solutions
- Employ design steps to size the Cisco UCS solution for given data center requirements
- Evaluate and design Cisco UCS solution LAN, SAN, and virtual access layer connectivity
- Recognize and design Cisco UCS solution server deployment
- Identify the Cisco UCS solution for Unified Communications and Hadoop distributed computing applications with their specifics, and Cisco UCS options that fit the application needs
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- CCNA Data Center certification
- Knowledge that is covered in the Cisco Nexus product family courses
- Knowledge that is covered in the Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFD) course
- Knowledge that is covered in the Cisco MDS product family courses
- Knowledge of server and desktop virtualization (for example, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, and so on)
- Operating system administration familiarity (for example, Linux and Windows)