Microsoft Windows SharePoint Designer (Level 2)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
You will extend a SharePoint site by including server-side controls and administer a SharePoint site.
This course is intended for entry-level SharePoint solution developers who are currently capable of creating basic SharePoint sites using the out-of-the-box functionality provided by the built-in SharePoint Designer templates, and who now want to extend or create SharePoint sites with functionality by incorporating server web controls, data controls, customized workflows, and administration.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- provide user interactivity to their websites using ASP.NET forms.
- implement custom content types.
- integrate SharePoint sites with other data sources.
- manipulate external data sources.
- implement advanced data integration techniques.
- create different types of workflows.
- administer a SharePoint site using administration tools in SharePoint Designer 2010.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be able to create basic SharePoint sites using existing SharePoint Designer templates. You can attain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the Microsoft® Windows® SharePoint® Designer 2010: Level 1 course prior to this course.
Lesson 1: Working with ASP.NET Forms
- Topic 1A: Create an ASP.NET Form
- Topic 1B: Modify Form Control Properties
- Topic 1C: Validate Inputs
Lesson 2: Implementing Custom Content Types
- Topic 2A: Create Custom Content Types
- Topic 2B: Add Custom Content Types to a List
Lesson 3: Integrating SharePoint Sites with Data Sources
- Topic 3A: Access a Data Source
- Topic 3B: Manipulate the Data in Data View
Lesson 4: Manipulating External Data Sources
- Topic 4A: Create External Content Types
- Topic 4B: Create an External List
Lesson 5: Implementing Advanced Data Integration Using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Topic 5A: Display Data from a Linked Data Source in a Data View
- Topic 5B: Deploy Web Services
- Topic 5C: Manage Web Part Zones
- Topic 5D: Display XML Data with XSLT
Lesson 6: Creating Workflows
- Topic 6A: Create a Site Workflow
- Topic 6B: Create a Reusable Workflow
Lesson 7: Administering a SharePoint Site Using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Topic 7A: Manage Permissions for SharePoint Designer 2010
- Topic 7B: Save a Customized Site as a SharePoint Site Template