Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
In this 2-day instructor-led classroom or online class, you will learn basic configuration and administration of the most commonly used features of FortiGate appliances. In interactive labs, you will explore firewall policies, user authentication, basic VPNs, explicit proxy, virus detection, web filtering, application control and more. These administrative fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to integrate and maintain basic network security.
This is part of the courses that prepare you for the NSE 4 certification exam. NSE 4 Certification exams are offered at Pearson Vue test centers worldwide.
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiGate appliance. Students must master these courses before attending FortiGate Systems II.
At Course Completion
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
- Describe capabilities of FortiGate UTM
- Neutralize threats / misuse: viruses, phishing, spam, torrents, and inappropriate web sites
- Control network access based on device type
- Authenticate users via firewall policies
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate appliances
- Compare policy- vs. tunnel-based IPSec VPN
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT
- Interpret log entries
- Generate reports
- Use the web UI and CLI for administration
- Deploy the right operation mode
- Simplify protocol handling with application control
None except TCP/IP network experience and a basic understanding of firewall concepts.
- Module 1 Introduction to Fortinet UTM
- Module 2 Logging and Monitoring
- Module 3 Firewall Policies
- Module 4 Firewall Authentication
- Module 5 SSL VPN
- Module 6 Basic IPsec VPN
- Module 7 Antivirus
- Module 8 Explicit Proxy
- Module 9 Web Filtering
- Module 10 Application Control