About this Course
The IBM PureFlex System is a category of computing that integrates multiple server architectures, networking, chassis, storage, and system management capability into a single system that is easy to deploy and manage.
This fundamentals class covers IBM PureSystems, IBM PureFlex System, and the IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis along with the IBM X-Architecture and IBM Power Systems compute nodes, systems management, networking, and IBM Flex System V7000. Included are hands-on lab exercises to reinforce the learning principles associated with the Chassis Management Module, X-Architecture and Power Systems compute nodes, Flex System Manager, networking, and Flex System V7000.
Also included are hands-on exercises that reinforce some of the steps outlined in the foundation services for IBM PureFlex Intro and IBM PureFlex Virtualization service offerings.
This is an intermediate base course for individuals who are involved in the planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading of IBM Systems.
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between IBM PureSystems and IBM PureFlex System
- Summarize the features and functions of the IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis
- Differentiate the characteristics of the IBM Flex System x86 Compute Nodes from other IBM System x servers
- Differentiate the characteristics of the IBM Flex System Power Systems Compute Nodes from other IBM Power Systems servers
- Select the proper IBM Flex System networking components based on the solution requirements
- Classify the IBM Flex System management options
- Critique the storage options available for the IBM Flex System
- Recall the foundation services performed for IBM PureFlex Intro and IBM PureFlex Virtualization service offerings
- Carry out initial quick start configuration steps for the IBM Flex System Chassis Management Module and the Flex System Manager
- Carry out configuration steps to zone, map volumes, and manage the IBM Flex System V7000 Storage Node in the IBM PureFlex environment
- Carry out configuration steps, such as IP addressing, zoning, VLANs, and other typical Ethernet settings, with the IBM Flex System
- Carry out the installation and configuration steps necessary to create and manage a Power Systems virtual server
- Recognize the features of the IBM Flex System Manager VMControl component
- Execute an initial configuration of an X-Architecture compute node using server configuration patterns
- Execute a deployment of a compute node image to an X-Architecture compute node