Implementing The Cisco Nexus 1000 (DCNX1K)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
Configuring the Cisco Nexus 1000V is a three-day instructor-led training program designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch. The course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch.
Version 2.0 of this course is an update that covers the feature differences between version 4.2(1)SV1(4a) and version 4.2(1)SV1(5.1). Labs and Courseware are updated in this version of the course.
Additionally time is spent discussing the highlights of emerging features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V.
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network, systems, and consulting systems engineers, as well as server administrators
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network designers, administrators, and managers.
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance, and explain how these products are integrated into the Cisco virtual architecture.
- Describe how to configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series and discuss how these features are used in the data center virtual infrastructure design.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- CCNA Routing and Switching knowledge level
Lesson 1: VMware Networking Overview
- Topic 1A: Reviewing the Virtual Infrastructure
- Topic 1B: Networking in the VMware Infrastructure
- Topic 1C: Configuring VMware Switching
Lesson 2: Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Installation
- Topic 2A: Reviewing the Cisco Nexus 1000V Product
- Topic 2B: Reviewing the Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and Virtual Service Blades
Lesson 3: Cisco Nexus 1000V Feature Configuration
- Topic 3A: Configuring Port Profiles
- Topic 3B: Configuring Security Features
- Topic 3C: Configuring Quality of Service
Lesson 4: Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch Management
- Topic 4A: Configuring Management Features
- Topic 4B: Configuring System Management Features
Lesson 5: Troubleshooting the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- Topic 5A: Using Basic Troubleshooting Tools
- Topic 5B: Troubleshooting Modules
- Topic 5C: Troubleshooting Ports and Port Profiles