This 3 day instructor-led course aims at introducing its attendees to the core values, principles, and practices of Agile. This course is a more elaborate version of the Certified Scrum Master training as it discusses how to plan and manage Agile practices, not only those in Scrum. The course also goes into greater depth about all the roles and responsibilities on the team and not just the ScrumMaster and Product Owner roles.
The course outline is aligned with the new, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certificate that we anticipate will become a worldwide accepted standard for best practices for Agile PM like the PMBOK Guide and PMP recognition is for PM.
Many of today’s Project Management and Business Analyst Professionals are finding themselves leading, managing and analyzing on Agile development teams - only to find that many of the tools and techniques applied when using a traditional project management approach no longer work as effectively or at all. In order to do more than survive in this iterative development environment, today’s Project Manager and Business Analyst must employ additional project management and business analysis tools and techniques to effectively lead their teams and deliver their projects. The course will explore how your projects can easily and successfully make the transition to an effective Agile environment. Agile is an incremental, iterative framework for project management and software development - where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing cross-functional teams.
This disciplined project management process involves:
- A leadership philosophy that encourages teamwork, self-organization and accountability
- A set of engineering best practices intended to allow for rapid delivery of high-quality software
- A business approach that aligns development with customer needs and company goals.
Using a case study, participants will learn how to plan and manage an Agile framework. Your role in an agile project will look much different as you form and coach a self-directed team, facilitate continuous collaboration with your clients, manage and deliver business value to your clients early and regularly throughout the project.
- Plan, manage and close requirements for software development project in reduced time using Agile practices
- Minimize project uncertainty and risk by applying Agile principles
- Ensure your project delivers required functionality and adds value to the business
- Create an environment of self-management for your software development team that will be able to continuously align the delivered software with desired business needs, easily adapting to changing requirements throughout the process.
- Learn how to apply Agile by measuring and evaluating status based on the undeniable truth of working, testing software, creating a more accurate visibility into the actual progress of projects.
- Will earn 21 PDU's for attending this course
This course suitable for both novices and experienced people who need to manage and implement a project. Having an understanding of project management and business processes is helpful and recommended.
It is appropriate for Managers, Executives, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business and IT stakeholders working with analysts, Quality and process engineers, technicians, managers; supervisors, team leaders, and process operators.